Tanked ATM

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I got a quote from them last year for a 12x5x36" tall. I almost fell over. Just and with overflows no shipping $22,000 I know once you go over 30" tall the acrylic needs to be thicker but damn that's a lot. It's cheaper for me to add another 750g and set them side by side

castro1212

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
metairie louisiana
Damn those deminsions dont even sound that big i know im never going to get a tank from them. Is that with anything special like specific things you want or certain shape?

Sent from my N860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
I got a quote from them last year for a 12x5x36" tall. I almost fell over. Just and with overflows no shipping $22,000 I know once you go over 30" tall the acrylic needs to be thicker but damn that's a lot. It's cheaper for me to add another 750g and set them side by side
that is insanely expensive!

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Taller than 30" definitely gets expensive because any reputable builder will use 1"+ thick acrylic, but the length of the sheets will also be a factor. An 8' sheet is standard so it's not too expensive; you pay a premium for jumping up to 10', but when you go over 10', the price jump is pretty huge because that's an even less common speciality size. I bet if you went with a huge square (8'x8'x3') it would cost a lot less than $22K and you'd end up with more gallons...but I like your 12x5x3 dimensions over 8x8x3 anyday.

ATM does make nice tanks. I was looking at a used ATM tank (a 14'x3'x5' made from 2" thick acrylic) a couple years ago and the seams were flawless. The shop selling it said it was Dr. Dre's old tank and it must have been 10+ years old . They were only asking like $5K for it, but I couldn't figure out how to transport it without costing me a fortune (the tank alone weighed over 3200lbs!).

Their tanks are expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I wish I had taken pix of the tank, but here's a pic I found on the internets...it was an in wall tank with huge overflows on each end.

drdre_tank.jpg

drdre_tank.jpg

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
If you guys want to confirm price, there are a few places that do 'large scale custom acrlyic tanks'. Most are going to be as much as ATM or more depending on what you want.
It's not going to be a Petco "Dollar per gallon" kind of price range.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I really wish they would tell us how much these tanks cost in their show though. That's one of my biggest dislikes about the show

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Na the biggest problem with there show is the ridiculously stupid stuff they say and do that there producers make them do. I could literally just watch the show muted and it's so much better.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
Old post. But. First off, I know basically nothing about saltwater fish care(other than its harder to keep than freshwater). A question. On Tanked. They use something they call live sea water and live sand. Assuming this means it has the bacteria in it. Wouldn't having all required bacteria already in the environment eliminate the need to acclimate the fish to anything other than temperature (which they make a point of doing)? Also. What is that liquid they pour into the tanks when they use tap water(can never read it)? I believe its in a white bottle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store