tankmate size ?

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
The thing With pbass is that they will physically steal food out of the gars mouth making it very hard to get the gar enough food.

smokymcjoe

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2009
plymouth uk
Noddy;3859923; said:
That's what i thought for some months...
I had, i say had a barb in with my Gar.
The Gar seemed not interested after it's initial attempts to catch the barb failed.
But last friday night i found this in my tanK:

The fish didn't fit, but the Gar gave it his best shot!:D
btw he did eat his usual dead feeders in the afternoon.

looks like the gar is saying, "he was already dead honest"

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
aidenb;3862718; said:
The thing With pbass is that they will physically steal food out of the gars mouth making it very hard to get the gar enough food.
my tsns did this once...after that my gar learned to wait till after the incial food rush was done...then it would go in to feed...i was supprised at how intelligent it is...

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
sbuse;3861626; said:
yes, but so are aros, oscars, big cats, cichlids...only other gars are good tankmates for gars...doesn't mean it wont work and be fine...if they seem not to be working i will move the bass...lots of things aren't supost to work but they do...if they don't i am ready...

thats why i am still waiting...i seen it looking at some 5-6" sucker minnows real hard, that i put in for my tsns...it didn't try to get them though, just thought about it...
touche! there is almost no chance of it working but if u still would like to try attrat gars are ur best chance

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;3865152; said:
touche! there is almost no chance of it working but if u still would like to try attrat gars are ur best chance
i would love to get some attrat gars, but i can't find any i had a hell of a time finding this one i have...the only others i have seen were at a world of fish, but they want your left nut to get one...that list is from my exp. with my gar and i have had it since it was 7-8"...i have also had it wih tinfoils, rays, pacu, knives...ect...like i was saying if i see a problem i will move the gar or bass...i just seem toughy cause i hate how everyone posts that things will never work...ect. everything can work, but you just need to be ready when/if they don't(witch i am)....no offence ment to you or anyone...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store