Tankmates with JARDINI (READ!!!)

liamoi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2006
London, England
ha ha! I was watching a small jardini (about two and a half inches) at the weekend in my lfs and he was already terrorising the discus that he was in there with!!! Lovely fish though!!!

PufferXtreme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
UK
I agree with everyone's experiences. I have a 15-16 incher at work who will live with nothing and has killed other large fish with ease. He will try to attack through the glass and generally act like a destructo beast at every opportunity! Only fish he lived with was a p. granulosus which was inactive. I still belive that they are awseome fish well worth keeping but only by themselves.

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
i got a jardini about 8 inches that just started going throught this i have to remove a 13 inch clown knife already.

Yell0r0b

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2006
?
i have 5 bichirs and was thinking about getting a jardini. i thoguht it would be fine as tankmates cuz bichirs are bottom dwellers and jardini is top. am i right or would it be a problem, right now the bichirs are only 3-4 inches and i saw jardini that is 3-4 inches too.

Reactions: dr exum

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
Nice monster fish, I saw an aro destroy a 10 in. oscar, good thing they weren't mine!

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
yeah my jardini is bout 13 inches now and it's just started to get nasty...it's constantly blewing with my jag cichlid (which is only 1/2 it's size, yet still puts up a wicked fight) it's funny tho, it wont touch my 2 juvie tiger oscars unless theres food to be eaten....

Reactions: Leolim

angeladay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
So Cal
www.youtube.com
I have a Jardini that is pushing 14". I took it out of my aro comm tank with 20" Silver, 15" & 13" Black when it started nipping on the 15" incher's tail. It is now with a pair of black belt (both less than 7") and a very docile 7" gold severum. They have been together for 2 weeks without any problems.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone know what triggers the aggression or if they attack certain types of fish?

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
I dont know what triggers the aggression but my 4 inch jardini arowana was mean as hell. It chased my frontosas into always hiding. I tried a payara and the next day i woke up to find my payara in the corner with the bottom of its body all torn up. I had to separate them and the payara is looking good now and as for the jar, it has its own tank.

Killergar

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
CA
My jardini has killed my last 2 plecos. No hope for tank mates except for feeders, he doesn't eat feeders, kind of strange..

• Haha
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store