tell me about peacock eels!

Xanatost

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Lafayette, La.
In about 6 to 8 months they should be full grown, between 8" to 12". I feed mine earthworms and they grow like crazy. Keep them fat and happy and they will come out more as they get bigger. Males will be small than female's.

Xanatost

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Lafayette, La.
phaedraeos;634807; said:
We've had two, and both met with an unfortunate, dried out demise on our floor. Be very. very sure that there's no way for them to escape from the tank! Aside from that, they survived just fine on frozen and flake food.
They do not eat flake food!!! They only eat meaty food. Your might look like it is eating flake food but it is starving.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
They taste like chicken?

Jess.in.WI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Abrams, WI
What frozen foods do they prefer? beefheart? mysis shrimp? Also, I'm going to be putting the crayfish into the 72g in a month or so, will that be ok with the eel? I don't need them hurting each other but the cray is currently with corys and tetras and I don't want to start losing fish.

Xanatost

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Lafayette, La.
Jess.in.WI;643916; said:
What frozen foods do they prefer? beefheart? mysis shrimp? Also, I'm going to be putting the crayfish into the 72g in a month or so, will that be ok with the eel? I don't need them hurting each other but the cray is currently with corys and tetras and I don't want to start losing fish.
Try blood worms. You can put the peacock eels in a community tank. They are very peaceful. Tire tracks and fire eels i would keep a eye on. If you put the cray fish in there keep a eye on it to make sure it wont mess with the eel.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
phaedraeos;634807; said:
We've had two, and both met with an unfortunate, dried out demise on our floor. Be very. very sure that there's no way for them to escape from the tank! Aside from that, they survived just fine on frozen and flake food.
hmm interesting flack food did you see them eat it when i quarantined my two in a tank with a bare bottem i tried flakes but they just stared at them thay really like worms thow:D

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
oops realiced i miss spelled flake once im not a good speller

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
My guy is about 7" and is eating 2 worms a day now. He's starting to get a nice shape to him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store