Tell me what ya'll think about those Rays..

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Hi again. I just finished a stand for new tank for them.
Yeah, I fall in love already..next week I should have my new tank ready for this rays and it
will be about this size:
100'' x 40" x 22" tall ..what you guys think?
I will also buy new Fluval FX6 for filtration, is it ok?
Any other advice?
I run 3 FX5 filters on a 400 gallon tank. Do you have a tank running now with established filtration? I would be concerned with buying rays and placing them in a newly setup tank going through the cycling process. Rays don't do well with ammonia.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
This is my female from my pair (10"-12" as well) with a lot of spotting. It's a bad cell pic I took while reading this thread just now. The galaxy name is a common name and I've seen a lot of people use it correct or not for P14.

The rays you posted are beautiful OP, if the price is right for them without a lot of spotting jump on the deal. As for filtration my pair has an FX5, two Eheim 2262's and a 50 gallon sump with an Eheim 2211 to keep the sump clean. A bit overkill but you will need at least two or three FX6 on that tank if you want to feed for growth.

uploadfromtaptalk1410494316336.jpg

Mirek

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2014
Czech Republic
Wait a minute...I am not upset...I am cool...you guys start to posted comments about
The pictures you posted of the rays you are getting are not p14 galaxy they are p14

The name galaxy p14 is given to the higher grade p14

I have had many p14 of higher grade than the ones you posted but I have never called them galaxy p14

I was trying to be nice and not bother with names but it seams to upset you than not just me has just called them p14

I call ALL p14 just p14

View attachment 1036499

This was my male but still just p14

View attachment 1036500

Some of my others all still just p14

Yours look nothing like this what some call galaxy p14

View attachment 1036501View attachment 1036502

Mirek

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2014
Czech Republic
Wait a minute...I am not upset...I am cool...you guys start to posted comments about "why I call them Galaxy "?
It is just P14 GALAXY for breeders here in Europe that's all..I did not name it like that :))
So I think I did upset you about that title ...
Guys, It really doesnt matter, lets call them P14 GALAXY spaceship :ROFL:
Kidding..

Mirek

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2014
Czech Republic
Thank you for info about filtration...I really thought that FX6 will work just fine..well I guess I have to build a sump..:irked:

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Wait a minute...I am not upset...I am cool...you guys start to posted comments about "why I call them Galaxy "?
It is just P14 GALAXY for breeders here in Europe that's all..I did not name it like that :))
So I think I did upset you about that title ...
Guys, It really doesnt matter, lets call them P14 GALAXY spaceship :ROFL:
Kidding..
I'm also in Europe UK

I'm not upset sorry if it seamed that way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store