Temensis

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
it all depends on how much u feed the tem. IF u powerfeed him the tem will grow crazy fast. as long as u dont powerfeed the tem should be fine for awhile. But how long is the tank? its not one of those cube ones is it?

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
it all depends on how much u feed the tem. IF u powerfeed him the tem will grow crazy fast. as long as u dont powerfeed the tem should be fine for awhile. But how long is the tank? its not one of those cube ones is it?
Nah, the tank is 8ft long x 32in deep x 4ft tall.

I already am growing out some orino's for the tank and I am getting some ocell's tomorrow (hopefully), I just want to add as many different types of cichla without breaking the bank lol

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
I almost ordered some today but luckily shark aquarium ran out.
what part of louisiana are you from? I'm a cichla freak looking for temensis too, but Im down in NOLA area and maybe we can work together and split a box. Geaux Tigers....

I even asked Dan Ye about temensis, she said there isn't much interest but I really want one. also, does any cichla head on here no where to get Cichla intermedia?

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
My tem outgrew my tank. It got to about 26". I donated to Dallas World Aquarium and now he's in the giant river display with manatees, black rays, other cichla, turtles, ducks, you name it! I recently visited him and he's gotten nearly twice the size as when I donated (in less than six months). Very tall and his spangles are gorgeous. They said that they get all sorts of praising due to his outgoing personality. Eats from the diver's hand, consistantly swims near the display glass, readily eats pellets and anything else, etc. I'm very happy that I was able to donate such a nice specimen for the public to see everyday. Plus, I get free admission. Lol

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
what part of louisiana are you from? I'm a cichla freak looking for temensis too, but Im down in NOLA area and maybe we can work together and split a box. Geaux Tigers....

I even asked Dan Ye about temensis, she said there isn't much interest but I really want one. also, does any cichla head on here no where to get Cichla intermedia?
I live in houma, about 50 miles south of NOLA. Where do you live?

I think I am going to hold off until spring to get anything else. I was able to find some occell's today and I want to grow them out a little before getting anything else.
If you are still interested in getting some then hit me up.

edit: I didnt realize that it said where you live under your avatar

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
My tem outgrew my tank. It got to about 26". I donated to Dallas World Aquarium and now he's in the giant river display with manatees, black rays, other cichla, turtles, ducks, you name it! I recently visited him and he's gotten nearly twice the size as when I donated (in less than six months). Very tall and his spangles are gorgeous. They said that they get all sorts of praising due to his outgoing personality. Eats from the diver's hand, consistantly swims near the display glass, readily eats pellets and anything else, etc. I'm very happy that I was able to donate such a nice specimen for the public to see everyday. Plus, I get free admission. Lol
Thats my problem, I dont want a fish that I can not house for life.
I can always get some tems and give it to the aquarium of the americas or the bass pro shop but I would feel bad about that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store