TetraTec EX1200 questions....

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I've already done a forum search on this and there's not much mention of these filters on here.....

Does anyone have any experience of running these filters?

And how easy are they to use, keep clean etc.?

And how well do they perform?

My new tank is 72" x 18" x 18".
Fish will be;

1 x 7" Distichodus Sexfasciatus
1 x 6" Clown Loach
1 x 5" Clown Loach
1 x 31/2" Clown Loach
1 x 21/2" Clown Loach
5 x 2" Clowns
5 x Congo tetras
2 x 4" Syno Eupterus

and I'm thinking of getting some apollo sharks.

Both my lfs have got these filters in stock and I think I can get 10% off my my "Tetra Club" card (!) at one of them.

new24.jpg

new23 (2).jpg

filter.png

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Anyone?

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Bump.....!

Does anyone have ANY experience of these filters?

viking252200

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tokyo,Japan
I have one, not the 1200, but the 600, same build though.
It is a great filter!..very quiet, quite powerful and very easy to set up and clean.
The only thing that may not be as good as possible is that there is a chance of some water bypass, but that, i think are common to canister filters with media baskets.
But all in all, a great filter and i would not hesitate to buy it again.

DasArab

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
Scotland
www.bloodparrots.co.uk
viking252200;1226797; said:
The only thing that may not be as good as possible is that there is a chance of some water bypass, but that, i think are common to canister filters with media baskets.

Another reason why Eheims Classis filters are still king, no baskets, no bypass :headbang2

FishGoneWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
32 Polypterus Way, Africa
Sound like a Marineland C 360 being sold overseas as Tetratec. I have never own the Tetratec model of the C360 but I have owned a Marineland C 360. I had one for 3 weeks before I sold. Other than being too heavy, the filter is easy to assemble, good design, quiet, and pump worked great. The water jet coming out was way stronger than my XP3. PM me if you have any other questions on this filter. Plastic tubings are very hard and not flexible enough to make it easy to work with. It'll still work but take more effort to push the plastic tubing into the inlet and outlet all the way in.

Twicksisted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2007
London, UK
www.myspace.com
hi... only spotted this now.

I got one and its really good..!
I have a seriously overstocked 55g and this EX1200 keeps it clean for a week before i have to change the water.. infact the water uality tests are fine but the wood makes it yellow and i have time to do it on a weekennd so i change once a week... could im sure go longer.

Its much easier to get up and running than my Eheim 2222...
it has a hand pump on the top so that when you first connect it up you can manually prime it with your hand bwefore switching it on which is real handy.

Excellent quality plastics aswell on the tubing, pipes, rubber suction cups etc.. :)

definately go for it... well worth it!

Aah one thing.. when i got it... i opened it up at the shop to check out the filter medium etc... knowing that it was all in there when i got home i just plugged it in and went... it really worked well...
2 Weeks later i decided to open it up and look at how dirty it was, when i opened it up i realised that everything except the foam pads were still plastic wrapped in bags lol... so werent even workking lolol...

be sure to unwrap it all before you use it :D

turbid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
malta
i never used tetra filters since they are fairly new on the market, but here in malta our fishkeepers love them, they are made in germany like eheim so i guess they re as good as the eheims

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Tetra as a company has been around for quite a long time actually. The tetratec line is quite old as well. Neither tetra nor Eheim is actually made in Germany, that is actually an advertising loophole.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store