Texas & Flowerhorn crosses

mayahsun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
San Diego, Ca
Since I had posted a pic of my Texas/FH before. I wanted to post a pic of the parents, and some of the 1500 fry we had. These two were awesome parents, I parted with them about 7 months ago....they were baby making machines.

The texas has a nice background story....my local lfs had bought a used tank setup from petco and it took them about 8 weeks to setup...they found him living in the piping in minimal water. He was about 4 1/2" when I got him a few days after his rescue.

anyway here are some pics
both the texas and the FH are in breeding colors in the photo

103.jpg

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Those look familiar! I have a texas x FH too:) It looks pretty much like yours does.

I think they're awesome fish:D Thanks for sharing.

mayahsun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
San Diego, Ca
Have you had a problem with aggressiveness? Mine are just little jerks...I only kept two from the parents (both female) and they can't be in the same tank together.

The parents had such mellow personalities

I think they are gorgeous:)

mayahsun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
San Diego, Ca
Do you have a pic of the Darmo Parrot? I have no idea what it looks like.....

pmtuneman13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2007
Florida
stevbo200;883880; said:
the second to the last pic is one neat looking fish
That is the texas... and they can be even more beautiful, though rare... Here is my rare strain Texas.. and my common texas. I say rare strain because of his coloration. Hell, he may even be a cyanoguttatum cross.

The red throughout his fins is pretty clear in this accidental photo. But the flash did a good job of washing it out.

Common Texas breeding with my Flowerhorn

I would like to see more pics of texas cichlids... anyone?

tj_macin

Feeder Fish
Jul 16, 2007
Canada
Here's a pic of my 8.5" male Texas.......You can't really tell in the pic but he has a purple tint to his eyes.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
Texas cichlids are by no means 'rare'. Cyanoguttatum crosses are probably what many people have anyway. You both have nice texas cichlids, but lets not jack a thread from the op, and the TX x FH - which are awesome by the way!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store