texas pair

bunty82

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Delhi, India
Hi, i got this texas pair(4 inches) who breed continuously, creating a problem for my other 4 green terrors and 1 pair rainbow cichlid. Previously i was thinking to get rid of the pair but now i want to keep the pair and remove the other fishes and thinking of buying some fishes which can go along with texas. Any suggestions.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Sale the baby to the lfs
Hahahaha not even close to answering the question.
How big is the tank? You will be hard pressed to find any cichlids to live with a breeding pair of texas cichlids, I guess you could try some silver dollars and a pleco. Anything you try will be just trial and error basicly.

AcsFoolMike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Bethpage, NY
Hahahaha not even close to answering the question.
How big is the tank? You will be hard pressed to find any cichlids to live with a breeding pair of texas cichlids, I guess you could try some silver dollars and a pleco. Anything you try will be just trial and error basicly.
Yes, we need to know tank size before making any suggestions, and even then, like EBSB stated, it'll still be trial and error.

skillzizzo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2007
Mesa - Arizona
Texas are mean s.o.bs to beging with a breeding pair is nothing short of a body builder with a 3 year olds temperment. I would suggest if you want to keep the breeding pair set up a new tank just for them, or keep them were they are and set up a different tank for your other fish, or pick which one of the pair you like best and get rid of the other one or put it in another tank and problem solved. But even if you put super tough fish in with them when they are breeding they are still going to harass beet, and kill, what ever else is in there. Or get beet on them selfs depending. I would personaully give them a tank of there own texas are awsome fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store