Thai National Magazine on Full History of Siamese Tigers and the Family.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Lok Tiger Fish;1050878; said:
no detailed info on breeding will be shown, only what is accomplished and current progress and problems occurred.

as i have said, the breeding is a secret for now, hopefully, will be open like arowanas. but all i can say is that it is much more difficult to breed than aros. but when you get to read the translated article, you will get a pic of how they breed in the wild, which all i can tell you is that it is semi mimicked in the captive breeding trial and error process now.
well i think i have hurd about this artical if its the one i think it is all they have done is catch a wild tiger then kill it to show the roe/eggs

so their is no info on breeding at all in this artical

it will be a good thing to read when you translate it and its very good of you to do it for us

i will be very intrested to see what it shows us that we dont already know

endi

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2006
toronto, Canada
wow can't wait... and the book is cheap only 3.5 USD...

is it possible to scan the pics so you can post so all teh bros and sis can see?

Lok Tiger Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Thailand
T1,

Its not the one your referring to, hence it was out about a week only, seems your interested in breeding, wanna share what you know? maybe you could be some use.

no eggs are shown. only the mention of which species is captive bred successfully already; like i have mentioned before in other threads. the most puzzling thing is that even though same family, but the breeding habit and technique is totally different. hence about the proof about captive breeding pics, all i can say is investors (true dat fans) have gathered and are in this trial and error process, hopefully raise it from endangered to commercial. so if you studied business before, secrets are secrets you cannot know all, just like aro farms if you seen how they work.

endi,

will do so, i will post all the scan pages + the translation all in one go, make it into an accurate as possible article for you all to read.

sinister j,

i can still get it right now, i have two people ordering it already, the book is only 3.5-4 USD. i am checking the shipping but i presume it won't be much.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Taking Magazine orders.

i am currently taking orders for this book, non profit minded but for dat fans who want to keep a copy of this book, it is in full color with pics and many more.

the book is 95 Baht exact or around 3.5 USD. if interested pls email me with your address. order closing date is 16 AUG 2007.

And thanks for all your motivation, i'm currently trying to translate as much as possible when i have time after work.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Lok Tiger Fish;1051975; said:
T1,

Its not the one your referring to, hence it was out about a week only, seems your interested in breeding, wanna share what you know? maybe you could be some use.

no eggs are shown. only the mention of which species is captive bred successfully already; like i have mentioned before in other threads. the most puzzling thing is that even though same family, but the breeding habit and technique is totally different. hence about the proof about captive breeding pics, all i can say is investors (true dat fans) have gathered and are in this trial and error process, hopefully raise it from endangered to commercial. so if you studied business before, secrets are secrets you cannot know all, just like aro farms if you seen how they work.

endi,

will do so, i will post all the scan pages + the translation all in one go, make it into an accurate as possible article for you all to read.

sinister j,

i can still get it right now, i have two people ordering it already, the book is only 3.5-4 USD. i am checking the shipping but i presume it won't be much.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Taking Magazine orders.

i am currently taking orders for this book, non profit minded but for dat fans who want to keep a copy of this book, it is in full color with pics and many more.

the book is 95 Baht exact or around 3.5 USD. if interested pls email me with your address. order closing date is 16 AUG 2007.

And thanks for all your motivation, i'm currently trying to translate as much as possible when i have time after work.
i can't wait for you to post this information up. Thank you very much. I've read reports of indo tigers being bred and that information is secret as well so i don't see why it is so far fetched to think that ST's breeding secrets are also being kept a secret.

Lok Tiger Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Thailand
i went to the post today, i checked the postage fees,

the cost of posting is around 3 times the price of the book roughly, therefore if send within south east asia, it would be around 450 baht (15 USD), for USA, it would be around 700 Baht (23 USD). i was surprised, i know it sucks that it cost so much mroe than the book. but reply me if you are still interested.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Do you have a scan already to show what it's like? Def. interested. What's the shipping to EU (The Netherlands to be exact)?

Lok Tiger Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Thailand
Lok Tiger Fish;1050365; said:
This magazine is out new this month.

This is compiled and written by the national fishery dept, fans and old timers.

one important news for all dat fans, the latest edition of AQUA in Thailand has been published, but in Thai, with a full cover story on the full history and current status of ST Tigers in Asia, inc breeding successes, failures, pending, detailed distinction between them etc and more. it has the most up to date info and accurate data on them including Pics of the extinct Thai Tigers, (the tigers we see as STs today are actually Cambodian ST's), their observed breeding habits, depletion rate, prices, and much much more.
i am currently scanning the magazine and translating it, around 8 pages long. once complete and edited, i hope this will be some good use to all dat fans out there.

i am thinking that it will take about two weeks before it is complete, as for now, i will try to post the pages up for you to look at.

This i hope will answer many questions and give you some new knowledge about these fishes.

as for Fans who can read Thai or want to keep a copy, pls tell me., it's 100Baht per book. pls convert into your own currency i.e 3.5 USD only.

PICS UP, PICS UP!!!!!

here are the pics of all the pages in this mag. this is the best scan i can get, just gleam at the pics, translation will come later.

Aqua1.jpg

Aqua2.jpg

Aqua3.jpg

Aqua4.jpg

Aqua5.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store