Thanks for the talapia rec. guys

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, there's always that one fish thats willing to eat everything if the others aren't quick enough. The endli in my grow out tank has eaten the whole tanks share before they could find it on multiple occasions T.T

He's going to be a beast one day.
My lap is usually the same way. But I tried my pellets and so far the endli gars and lap have eaten them. Sorry for the derail lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
There is a thread in the poly sticky for nutritional facts. I have my polys on tilapia diet. Occasionally I'll stuff spiralina pellets in the tilapia for them.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
No problem man, I learned what I needed. :p

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
There is a thread in the poly sticky for nutritional facts. I have my polys on tilapia diet. Occasionally I'll stuff spiralina pellets in the tilapia for them.
What do you mean by 'talapia diet?' What else is included, or is it just talapia/spirulina?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I fed tilapia and fish fillers to my gars daily. Then every now and then I fed the massivore. I would buy a vitamin supplement like nourish from sachet and let the odd fillet sit in there

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I have some vita chem, but its a small bottle. Is there a tested/ proven "best" brand? I need to invest in a bulk amount. Stuff is pricey.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Feeding Tilapia alone is not a balanced diet anymore then eating only cheese is a balanced diet. A good pellet is the way to go. Massivore is great for hard to feed fish, but Xtreme or NLS are both better nutritionally. Whatever, just give them a balanced diet. I use the same thing for ALL of my fish. Xtreme Monster, NLS Mega, Massivore, Sinking Carnivore, and algae wafers. Tilapia maybe once a week. All the dry mixed in the same bucket.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Polypterus from lake chad have been found to have eaten 97% tilapia. I say as long as you supplement with vita chem or a good pellet every once in a while they will be fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store