The 240 Is finally up and running!!!

talal101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
alberta
Yup that is the one, just wondering if it's because the lighting or is it the specific fish that the fish looks yellow whereas they are normally red?, is it because its a juvenile?
Thanks

zebvance

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
College Station TX
Tank and stock really look great man, always wanted to do smth like this with cichlid community. However the dif water param required made me somewhat back off from the idea. I wonder what ur water parameters r, I'm guessing soft acidic? If u could also help me out with the diet, what do u feed ur fish? Also if u had any problems with agression, sickness, bloat or did any of the fish died? ( apart from the pleco I know about that one, sorry to hear about it )
If you get the fish that are breed in captivity they can adapt to the ph levels. Also id you look up all of my fish they are not far off from all the same levels. I do however have to say that aggression has been a issue for the past couple months after most of the fish are 1+ years old. But I have added caves to make up for it and it has worked out fine. I also feed my fish a mix of a few different foods. I get Omega one, Tetra Cichlid sticks and wardley and mix them together.

I have had one fish die and it was the vc 10.

zebvance

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
College Station TX
Yup that is the one, just wondering if it's because the lighting or is it the specific fish that the fish looks yellow whereas they are normally red?, is it because its a juvenile?
Thanks
Mine still looks like that to this day. It's color has to do with a female being in the tank if they turn all red. If not they stay this color. I have thought about introducing a female into the tank to get more color out of him.

talal101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
alberta
Mine still looks like that to this day. It's color has to do with a female being in the tank if they turn all red. If not they stay this color. I have thought about introducing a female into the tank to get more color out of him.
i think you should add a female, his color would increase significantly.....but they may breed and i have seen how aggressive they can be with fry- my lfs has a tank with a pair and the male will swim to the front of the tank and start trying to get at me.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store