Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
staten Island,NY
Phatboy said:
I just ordered a "white" jardini.

I can't believe it.

Image courtsey of Oddballer:

Interestingly, I recently visited a fish store in Chinatown (my first time to a lfs in a looong time) and they had a few beautiful baby jardini aros for sale, I quickly walked out before I have the guy bag one up for me. It seem inevitable that I just had to buy a new fish, so the addiction lives on. :(
Was that chinatown in NY and if it is, what store and where exactly is it?

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
yup, NYC.

It's around broome and mott street, there are several fish stores, but only one carries the nice jardini aros (they label them as "golden arowana" but of course they're not really the golden asian arowana). It's in Little Italy, where all the resturants are.

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
Phatboy said:
Although not really considered a "platinum" jardini, it's pretty close. As far as I know, they're not very common. I was shocked at the price though, at $60, it's considered a steal (if the fish retains that color).

It'd be perfect only if he has some nice widebar tigers to go along with it.

Li, you know I'll probably have to give it up once it out-grows my tiny tank. Want to be a future nanny for this fish?:naughty:
Bro, thats a good catch....indeed a nice specimen of jar........Do keep us posted of her growth......... :thumbsup:

generalbill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
staten Island,NY
Thanks, I know that area so I can find it with no problem.

Robert

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
Phatboy said:
I just ordered a "white" jardini.

I can't believe it.

Image courtsey of Oddballer:

Interestingly, I recently visited a fish store in Chinatown (my first time to a lfs in a looong time) and they had a few beautiful baby jardini aros for sale, I quickly walked out before I have the guy bag one up for me. It seem inevitable that I just had to buy a new fish, so the addiction lives on. :(
wonder how much 1 jardini costs in NY?

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
the prices for a jardini can range from $45 to $125 in NYC. I just went to a few stores yesterday and at one place they had a few 4" jardini aros for $45, in another place they had a few 4" for $80 and at another place, they had a few 6" for $125.

that'd be great Li, now I won't have to start another "fire sale".:p

Robert

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
The price range differ a lot!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store