THE BEST MBUNAS SUBSTRATE ????

munchie1010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2010
so cal
3m colorquartz is good but is hard to find, play sand is good but its a b$^&h to clean and sometimes the fish will spit the sand at the intakes, and pool filter sand is also good i heard but havent tried it yet

alexmuw

Feeder Fish
Jul 31, 2009
meow
My mbunas love my "value" substrate. I use silica sand (has an off white color) that you can buy at Home Depot for $8 for 100 lbs (usually for sandblasting) !!!! Never had a fish get sick or die from it.

Don't have any quick pics to post (don;t want to pull out the camera and upload and etc etc..). You can probably google it.

GermanRam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2009
East Texas
alexmuw;3880071; said:
My mbunas love my "value" substrate. I use silica sand (has an off white color) that you can buy at Home Depot for $8 for 100 lbs (usually for sandblasting) !!!! Never had a fish get sick or die from it.

Don't have any quick pics to post (don;t want to pull out the camera and upload and etc etc..). You can probably google it.
That's cool but if I went with that I would have to go get it at Lowes. I have been a Jimmie Johnson fan way before he got the four championships and would feel weird walking into a depot. If you are a Nascar fan you will understand. If not stump on a hole twice fellwithno luckbut end the end ouch just the same.:screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store