The Biggest Gambusia Swarm in the World

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Check it out. This lake is swarming with Mangrove Gambusia (Gambusia rhizophorae). It's probably the largest number of wild livebearers I've seen while being in South Florida. This guys are a lot of fun. They are slightly different from regular Gambusia holbrooki. I've only seen them in brackish and marine areas so far. But I am sure they'd be fine in freshwater as well. Does any one keep them in their aquariums?

Oh, don't forget to sign up for my YouTube Channel: CoolGobyFish

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Check it out. This lake is swarming with Mangrove Gambusia (Gambusia rhizophorae). It's probably the largest number of wild livebearers I've seen while being in South Florida. This guys are a lot of fun. They are slightly different from regular Gambusia holbrooki. I've only seen them in brackish and marine areas so far. But I am sure they'd be fine in freshwater as well. Does any one keep them in their aquariums?

Oh, don't forget to sign up for my YouTube Channel: CoolGobyFish
Love the rock iguana at the beginning and how fearless those gambusia are. Would love to keep some at some point if there was ever a market for em in my area. South Dakota kind of sucks when it comes to selling fish lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store