The cichlids I have in my 120 (pic heavy)

Stratoquarius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Calgary
Hey Guys I don`t come around here that often these days as I am too busy, but I would like to make some time to return more often too learn more, help others and see some cool fish pics.

It has been about a year since I actually posted pictures of all my 120 inhabitants, the landscape and stocking has shifted significantly in that time, Originally starting with earth eaters and being extremely underwhelmed by them. They seemed to never really thrive and over the course of 6 months I lost a lot of them, I do however have a nice Acarichthys heckelii who is about a year old now.

I was aiming for a cichlid aquarium with mild aggression, not all my fish are fully grown but I don`t really have any fights ever, even when my parrots decide to attempt and breed.
Anyway here are my fish

Short body albino convict, I`ve had him for about a year, hes like a dwarf platinum FH. very interactive.

My remaining Aureum (there were 3 but they fought constantly, I think 3 males)

another Thorichthys I have ( Meeki I assume, he sifts the sand a lot and shys away)

A texas cichlid I picked up a few months ago, growing really nicely
Before

now

My belize syn (not sure if he will stay when he gets HUGE)
before

Now

Parrot pair with eggs currently

Heckelii

My new black Friday pick up, Paratilapia Polleni ( wanted to keep these guys for a long time, I like him so much I may end up making a breeding project)

Stratoquarius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Calgary
Some of my random dithers

a few nics I got to grow out

Tank is always an evolving work in progress, things come and go but right now I have a nice balance, I just wanted to share my fish

Thanks
rafini

P.s What the hell, there was never a picture limit before, what is this 2004?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
nice pic taking and nice fish/tanks. might suggest a little glass cleaning on the out side. but that's no reflection on the fish/tanks. looking great! :)

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
you have a storm coming!! anyways I have a group of filament barbs in a 180 that survived my last attempt at an aggressive community. Festae, RTM, Cuban, Vieja Syn, Salvini, Texas. I had already pulled the pollen by that time as it was too brutal!

Stratoquarius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Calgary
Thanks guys, Skurj I realize that the stocking won't co exist forever, I'm just growing evryone out and seeing what I like best really. The syn is really beautiful but personality wise I could take him or leave him. The convict has an awesome personality and I picked him up randomly to see what he would grow out to be, and I'm really pleased with the outcome.

And Pops yeah I'm really not a big fan of scrubbing the glass, its a 24" tall tank and its a little akward to scrub it down, but I try to clean it every now and then lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store