The Craig's list 210 gallon project

rgcopeland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
United States
The tank had a crappy 1/4" plywood light. The upside of that is it had two, 72" VHO lights with endcaps and an Icecap transformer. I built a better light frame out of pine and installed the VHOs. I plan on wrapping the light with the same cabinet grade plywood that I'm going to use on the stand. Both bulbs were actinic so I plan on replacing them with the VHO Aquasuns. But it looks kind of cool with the actinics....

rgcopeland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
United States
Yesterday I put the gravel and lava rocks in. Now the wait begins for the water to clear.

I plan on hooking up the automatic water supply and taking it easy today. A few days ago I was reaching to the bottom of the tank and felt a pop in my ribs on my right side. My wife, a former nurse, thinks I separated the small ribs and cartilage. I've done it in the past and the pain is the same if you break ribs or separate cartilage. Darn 30" depth. I guess my next purchase will be a set of aqua tongs...

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
Not qualified to offer one, I'm a salty guy, although in my early days I always enjoyed the nothing special Julidochromis Dickfeldi for some reason. I haven't kept cichlids for over 20 years now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store