The Herp Bite List

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
two foot spectacled caimen, that hurt a little. 10 foot burmese python. african sideneck turtle. and a least 2 dozen more snakes. the tokay gecko has a good clamp.

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
the tokay gecko has a good clamp.
Sure is amazing what a punch that tiny little lizard packs...takes FOREVER to unattach one from your finger....learned that hard way :headshake

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
cenecker said:
Sure is amazing what a punch that tiny little lizard packs...takes FOREVER to unattach one from your finger....learned that hard way :headshake
I have one hanging from my hand right now, really.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
I just wait til they let go because I don't want to risk hurting their mouth and causing an infection, doesn't really hurt me but this time the little bastard drew a little blood. It got me while I was picking droppings out of the tank. It only held on for a few minutes.

pete620

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Ohio
Savana Monitor- 3 ft.
Savana Monitor- 18 in. By far the worst bite, he latched on while I was treating a neglected rat bite from his last owner.
Yellow Tree Monitor- 24 in.
Nile Moniter- 3 ft.
Mali Uromastyx- 9 in.
Milk Snake- 24 in.
Flying Gecko- 6 in. It's kind of cute when he bites me.
Tokay Gecko- 8 in.
Blue Tongue Skink- 18 in. He bit me on the neck after I set him on my shoulder.

Gooda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
piranha45 said:
I do not and have not kept herps since I was a preteen, personally, and I've been fortunate enough to have not been bitten by one... although I wouldn't consider box turtles to be threatening biters :p

If you've ever been bitten by an amphibian/reptile, let's hear about it! Be sure to include the specie, the size of the specimen, and how much physical damage it did to its target.
You wouldn't think that Box turtles could do much damage... One time when I hand fed my 8" Terrapin Carolina carolina he got me by accident. It was like getting cut by a knife, It went clear to the bone, and left a nice scar on my middle finger.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Gooda said:
You wouldn't think that Box turtles could do much damage... One time when I hand fed my 8" Terrapin Carolina carolina he got me by accident. It was like getting cut by a knife, It went clear to the bone, and left a nice scar on my middle finger.
He was just mad that you were flirring him off. seriously, turtles have hellacious bites. I saw a Nat. Geographic film once that showed some small african turtles mobbing a duck until they drug it down and ate it. Pretty cool but now when I go swimming anywhere with a good turtle population I imagine them after me like the classic piranha movies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store