The insanity has begun... My 345 SA/CA Build thread

PufferCorps

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2016
hayward ca
www.pufferfishrescue.org
I'm going to dig through my files for the pics of the monstrosity I dragged home to fix up. It was one of those old PetCo plant tanks, sorta like yours with the waterfall and 2 tiers. It woulda been bad ass too, cept it was stored in a guys damp basement for years, and a corner was separated about 3", and it vibrated like crazy in the back of my friends truck for 60 miles which didnt help it any. My carpentry skills were pretty sketchy (still are) so I took it apart and it ended up as super heavy duty tank covers. I still want to rebuild it, just no place to put it. YOURS RULES!

Reactions: PDRed302

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I'm going to dig through my files for the pics of the monstrosity I dragged home to fix up. It was one of those old PetCo plant tanks, sorta like yours with the waterfall and 2 tiers. It woulda been bad ass too, cept it was stored in a guys damp basement for years, and a corner was separated about 3", and it vibrated like crazy in the back of my friends truck for 60 miles which didnt help it any. My carpentry skills were pretty sketchy (still are) so I took it apart and it ended up as super heavy duty tank covers. I still want to rebuild it, just no place to put it. YOURS RULES!
Thank you for the compliment! If it works as tank covers then I guess its doing its job, however if you ever plan to rebuild it, please be sure to share.

I found with tanks it's really more about time and patience then it is about skills; don't get me wrong, skills definitely help but time, patience and a place to work are the key! Good luck to you if you ever move forward with the build!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store