The Kalashnikov Family

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Sorry, the guy no longer has the Drag. for sale. I will let you know if I run across another one. Make that two, because I still want one.:)

vaypourus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Rotcore, NY
I wanted to buy an AK last year....unfortunately NY is so strict with gun laws that the only ones you can find are the Romanian WASR10. Everyone I looked at was complete junk :(

Can't wait to move out of this hell hole of a state.

2004exrider

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Ohio
vaypourus;3945734; said:
I wanted to buy an AK last year....unfortunately NY is so strict with gun laws that the only ones you can find are the Romanian WASR10. Everyone I looked at was complete junk :(

Can't wait to move out of this hell hole of a state.
Never understood how a gun owner/lover could live in NY or CA:nilly:

Jimmy

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
2004exrider;3945728;3945728 said:
What are the requirements for a cali legal AK?

Jimmy
same thing as with my AR15 which requires the use of a Bullet Button. bullet button makes it so that mag cant be realeased with your finger and requires a tool to go in teh small hole to release the mag. like a pen, bullet, screw, bolt, etc. stupid law really because it doesnt really affect how the gun operates.

the main thing i dont like is the 10rd capacity restriction.

vaypourus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Rotcore, NY
2004exrider;3945751; said:
Never understood how a gun owner/lover could live in NY or CA:nilly:

Jimmy
Wasn't my choice to move here. I'm a Georgia boy originally :D

The gun laws in Rochester NY are some of the strictest in the country. Just a few of the laws that really chap my butt:

-No assault rifles in the city, period.
-No clips/magazines with a capacity of over 5 rounds.
-No shotguns with over 5 round capacity (including one in the hole).
-No collapsible/fold-able anything.
-No bayonet lugs.
-No military/Law Enforcement parts (even the legal and/or pre ban ones)
-No flash suppressors/muzzle brakes

City officials decided to enforce these laws in 1996 to cut down on violent gun crimes. What they failed to realize was that the guns that accounted for over 99% of the crimes were pistols and break barrel, sawed off shotguns (the guns they did not ban). In 1997 violent gun crime increased 4000%.

Per capita, we have the highest homicide rate in NY state (yes, that includes New York City), and consistently rank as one of the most violent cities in the country. It's sad when you have a shotgun in each room for home protection :(

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
vaypourus;3945793;3945793 said:
Wasn't my choice to move here. I'm a Georgia boy originally :D

The gun laws in Rochester NY are some of the strictest in the country. Just a few of the laws that really chap my butt:

-No assault rifles in the city, period.
-No clips/magazines with a capacity of over 5 rounds.
-No shotguns with over 5 round capacity (including one in the hole).
-No collapsible/fold-able anything.
-No bayonet lugs.
-No military/Law Enforcement parts (even the legal and/or pre ban ones)
-No flash suppressors/muzzle brakes

City officials decided to enforce these laws in 1996 to cut down on violent gun crimes. What they failed to realize was that the guns that accounted for over 99% of the crimes were pistols and break barrel, sawed off shotguns (the guns they did not ban). In 1997 violent gun crime increased 4000%.

Per capita, we have the highest homicide rate in NY state (yes, that includes New York City), and consistently rank as one of the most violent cities in the country. It's sad when you have a shotgun in each room for home protection :(
wow i honestly had no idea the laws were that strict in NY. makes the cali laws seem like we live in a "free" state

vaypourus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Rotcore, NY
jcardona1;3945819; said:
wow i honestly had no idea the laws were that strict in NY. makes the cali laws seem like we live in a "free" state
Yeah...it sucks. It can take over a year for a pistol permit in Monroe county to get processed, and costs $150 if they approve it or not :eek:

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
nice lookin collection

the CA laws are not that bad... but then again i grew up in MA which is just CAs little brother.. half the country is working on stupid 10-20 round restrictions...

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I believe PSL is the acronym for the literal translation of "scoped rifle" in Romanian.

KY is awesome. No county, city, or town can restrict gun ownership more then the state. In other words, Louisville, a very liberal city (at least compared to the rest of the state) can not enact and enforce any gun law that restricts gun ownership more then the state does, even if they wanted to.

Also we are in the process of doing a "Firearms Freedom Act" similar to MT and TN in that we are basically circumventing the interstate commerce clause that the feds use to control our lives and say that any gun or ammo made in KY and used in KY will be exempt from ANY federal regulation. A big STFU to the ATF!

jc, how do they go about installing the bullet on an AK? The magazine catch is vastly different then an AR. I dont see how one would be as easy to operate as on an AR.

I do enjoy taking people shooting, especially ones new to the country how have never experienced such a thing. Its fun to hear them talk all giddy in the car on the way to the range. Then as soon as you pull up and get out of that car you can almost always detect a bit of nervousness and apprehension as they hear their first real gun shot, often many over and over again at Knob Creek. Then, after go over safe handling of firearms, the first few shots are as if the gun is going to jump back and bite them, but after awhile every one is loading a mag and ripping off the rounds! Ive also found that women are so much easier to teach then the men. They listen and end up doing a great job. The men also finish the day saying, "man its not like its in the movies where hittin your taget is easy." All the while the women are making water bottles dance across the range!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store