The MONSTER Fluval G series!!!

Cichlidstein

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
uk
Jgray152;3410804; said:
Who are you, where did you come from and where do you get this info? Your first post.....
sorry can't elaborate.

Fluval have lots of people who have seen it under NDA... they are treating the launch very seriously.

the first promo video should be out be mid september... so you don;t have long to wait until you know if i can be trusted or not.

i'm not 100% sure everyone will like this filter though.... the cartridge design means you can only really use fluvals own media... and the fine filter thats built in can;t be washed out, so when it's dirty you have to buy a whole new cartridge.

Having said that, it's basically going to be the top of the league of canister filters for a long time to come.... nothing eheim have released recently comes anywhere near this for features.

i'm really looking forward to seeing this thread explode when they reveal it in detail.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Cichlidstein;3411242; said:
sorry can't elaborate.

Fluval have lots of people who have seen it under NDA... they are treating the launch very seriously.

the first promo video should be out be mid september... so you don;t have long to wait until you know if i can be trusted or not.

i'm not 100% sure everyone will like this filter though.... the cartridge design means you can only really use fluvals own media... and the fine filter thats built in can;t be washed out, so when it's dirty you have to buy a whole new cartridge.

Having said that, it's basically going to be the top of the league of canister filters for a long time to come.... nothing eheim have released recently comes anywhere near this for features.

i'm really looking forward to seeing this thread explode when they reveal it in detail.
ughh At least eheim will be cheaper to maintain :screwy: I like canisters because I don't have to buy cartridges it would really really have to impress me to buy one after hearing that.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
I doubt these will be cheap cartridges... Or have a Kens fish special cartridge either.... I guess well see.

jack frost

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
pa
Cichlidstein;3411242; said:
sorry can't elaborate.

Your filter sounds cool and every thing but I have been reading up on pressurized pond filters and for the price and amount of water they can filter it seems like a no brainer and by the sounds of it they are much cheaper as well and you don't have to buy their "special cartriges". I'm sure you will sell allot at first to people who have to have the newest thing but I can't see some thing like you described being a huge hit over time. People want affordability and funtionality not going to the store once a month and spending 25-50$ on their filter

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
Fluval have lots of people who have seen it under NDA..
My guess is you don't work for Hagen since you referred to them as Fluval which is only their filter series name.

I really appreciate the little insider info. I have always wondered how this filter will be so different.

the cartridge design means you can only really use fluvals own media
Well there are many people here, including myself, that are capable of modifying and figuring way of using different media. Such as getting sheets of foam and cut them to fit. This is if its a price many can afford.

I am sure the fine filter cartridge is able to be hacked and modified to accommodate different filtering materials or to use something completely different to house different media. I know I would be able to. The Fx5 interior design was horrible so I decided to come up with a different design which work MUCH better. I hope this filter is not a huge step backwards.

Cartridges are horrible. Where did the Bespoke come from? Because I highly doubt the end user suggested the use of cartridges. Filter Floss works just as good. Plumbing a large whole house filter inline to a filter works just as good as well.

Cichlidstein

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
uk
cartridges = profit.

the fine filter cannot be modded... it's a pleated cartridge of woven material... like in those ocean clear filters

Cichlidstein

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
uk
actually... the best way to describe this filter is to look at the new fluval U Series of internals... and imagine that crossed with an eheim pro 3 e.

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
well isnt this great, im going to be upgrading again in november (ish) and was planning on buying an fx5 to run on it but now i dont know what to do.
do i buy an fx5, pond filter and 5000l+ pump (this has crossed my mind before) or wait till this G-series comes down in price.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store