The Next Generation of MFKeeper!!

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
This year at AquaMania (which is this weekend at Hilton in Gaithersburg, MD: www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania), we're going to be giving away another 15 tank set-ups to kids between the ages of 7 and 14. All they had to do to enter was answer the question, "Why would I like a fish tank?" (draw a picture, write an essay, do a youtube video...whatever).

Here's an article in the local paper about last year's: http://www.gazette.net/article/2013...-event-comes-to-gaithersburg&template=gazette

My daughter donated her tank to her classroom :)

Matt

bbradtmiller

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
That's awesome!! I think it's great that we are not only enjoying the hobby ourselves but also sharing it and making memories with our kids! I think the only reason my wife is so allowing of all my tanks is bc my son loves them!!! It's a win win!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
It really is...think about it this way: there are very few LFS to mentor the next generation of fishkeepers. It's up to us (and fish clubs).

Matt

That's awesome!! I think it's great that we are not only enjoying the hobby ourselves but also sharing it and making memories with our kids! I think the only reason my wife is so allowing of all my tanks is bc my son loves them!!! It's a win win!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Both of my kids do. My son has a black angelfish and my daughter has a black moor. They love to feed the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store