The Official Boxing Thread

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It looks like Mayweathers head has been superimposed on a womans body, lol. They aren't blokes legs surely.
But what about those ashy knees,most women who expose their legs at least have the common decency to have them well lotioned!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
But what about those ashy knees,most women who expose their legs at least have the common decency to have them well lotioned!
I wouldn't know anything about lotioned knees Krich, I'll take your word for it, lol.

Everybody in that picture seems to be looking in a certain direction too, zoom in a bit and the angles of people's looks don't even look like they are looking at Mayweather, or whoever it is.

It just looks a dodgy photo all round to me.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes,the photo could very well be dodgy but I hope not lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Gervonta Davis beat Hector Luis Garcia last night after Garcia failed to leave his corner for the ninth round.Garcia claimed his vision was affected after taking a flurry of punches from Davis near the end of the eighth round.
Screenshot_20230108_123526_Chrome.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So the WBC has had a championship belt made that they will present to the winner of this weekend's prize fight between Tommy Fury and Jake Paul.The fight will take place in Diriyah,Saudi Arabia,some boxing purists are not pleased about the title belt and have taken to referring to it as the Diarrhea Championship LOL!
Screenshot_20230223_203904_Chrome.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....anyhow,Fury won via decision and it seems that Paul made all kinds of excuses for his loss,while claiming not to make any excuses lol.

• Haha
Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
When you look up "Tommy Fury" on the web it says, "British professional boxer". When you look up "Jake Paul" it says, "American media personality."

That, right there, speaks absolute volumes to me. These fights are absolute nonsense fights. The cross over of disciplines is bad enough, let alone some internet clown who bigs it up on his channel challenging professional fighters.

It started with Floyd Mayweather, or should I say "Moneyweather."

Where is it all going to end?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Never as long as money is involved 😆
Yep,unfortunately people are willing g to pay for such entertainment.While I wouldn't be opposed to watching it I damned sure would not pay for the experience.I'm no fan of the Paul Brothers but they have managed to grow a large following and make a buttload of money with their little sideshow.

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Yep, money talks. An item I was listening to on the radio this morning said the purses involved in these nonsense fights are huge, just because of the grudge factor or the fact that people want to see mixed disciplines in the same ring.

If you want a similar purse in the real boxing world you need to have a title shot. Lower denominator fights don't pay as well.

Apparently an advisor to Tommy Fury has told him to carry on with these mock up fights so he can get as much money as possible and then retire.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store