The Official Boxing Thread

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
krichardson;5148471; said:
Philly's own Bernard Hopkins beat some Canadian fighter last night to become the lightheavyweight champion and oldest living active fighter to hold a world title.
hopkins is my all time favort i grow up watching him and foe him to pull of what he did im the happest boxing fan right now lol

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
krichardson;5148942; said:
I was at work but I just caught the replay.He should stop now but he wants to fight Chad Dawson next....."I am the OG of Goldenboy Promotions"
i would want him to stop to so he can go out like a champ but dawson will be a good next fight. hopkins also said he wants to fight with bute that will be a hard task for him

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
Clay;5148960; said:
I saw this fight on the replay just a little while ago. I was unimpressed by the officiating. That ref (John Lewis of England) failed to call a NUMBER of punches looping around to the back of the head (rabbit punches) and at least 1 knockdown. The fight going the distance is a tribute to their amazing cardio and great skill. But really, there is another sport I'd rather watch. This was a snoozefest.
i agree with you that was a bad ref for the fight that ref had no experions with rough fighters like that and if you go by the books hopkins knocked him down twice

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
Peacock Rey;5149143; said:
Cotto VS. Margarito .....is it still on or not ? Cotto is my favorite boxer but after Margarito beat him (maybe cheated...what ya think?) he has not been the same. I wanted to see the rematch but I heard Margarito backed out for some reason.
its on cant wait for this one it will be on sep 17 it got postponed cus his face hasnt healed after pac man beat the pop out of him

By Dan Ambrose: The long awaited rematch between Antonio Margarito (38-7-1, 27 KO’s) and Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KO’s) will be taking place on September 17th rather than July 16th because the 33-year-old Margarito’s fractured orbital bone on his face still hasn’t healed properly enough for him to get back in training anytime soon. Margarito took an enormous pounding in his recent 12 round unanimous decision loss to Manny Pacquiao last year in November and the punishment is now getting in the way of Margarito’s pay-per-view rematch with Cotto.

and yes i belive margarito cheated when fighting cotto

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oscar Dr la Hoya checks himself into rehab!....What's up with that?

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
wow just checked that out idk whats going on with him

Peacock Rey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
Trenton NJ
RiskEE;5149239; said:
and yes i belive margarito cheated when fighting cotto
he sure did.....but a loss is a loss cant cry about it. Cant wait for that rematch so he can gets his revenge !

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
i really like how cotto took it he has never ucsused or cried about it. i also want to see cotto get revange

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
what do you guys think of the super six and who you guys going for Froch or Johnson
i think froch is going to win johnson idk about a k.o johnsons a tuff man

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think Johnson will take it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store