The Piranha Nutrition Thread

Nemesis4200

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2016
I must say this is a very well written thread so good job! Although there is something im curious about, you briefly touched on vegetation making up a small part of piranha diet. Could you please elaborate on this more? I have read in many sources piranha can eat seeds and nuts as well. So my question is what kind of vegetables/seeds/nuts should we be attempting to feed our piranha in an effort to maintain a varied diet?

CTankDixon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
My 4 red bellys are very picky eaters. I have had them for two months as babies about a nickel size and two are half dollar size and the other two are a quarter size. At first they ate dried blood worms and shrimp,then frozen krill cubes and the bag of frozen krill also which they ate pretty good. Tried beef heart,they wont touch it.Earth worms a lil. Any suggestions?

Nemesis4200

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2016
My 4 red bellys are very picky eaters. I have had them for two months as babies about a nickel size and two are half dollar size and the other two are a quarter size. At first they ate dried blood worms and shrimp,then frozen krill cubes and the bag of frozen krill also which they ate pretty good. Tried beef heart,they wont touch it.Earth worms a lil. Any suggestions?
I breed convicts to feed my manueli. They are super easy to breed. They don't stunt growth like goldfish and because I'm breeding them I know they are healthy and disease free. Never met a piranha who doesn't like a live snack every once in a while.

CTankDixon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
I breed convicts to feed my manueli. They are super easy to breed. They don't stunt growth like goldfish and because I'm breeding them I know they are healthy and disease free. Never met a piranha who doesn't like a live snack every once in a while.
I have been hesitent to feed them live fish this early. is it a good idea to start feedind them live fish this early. they love bloodworms also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store