www.myspace.com
PICS PICS PICS
i need more

ercnan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
The bulkheads in the back can be put at mid level with pipes from there up, thus giving you level control. If you put them right at the level you think you want, they must must be essentially perfect with each other in height or one will flow more water and control the level the most.
Putting at mid level allows for non-perfection by being able to adjust the pipes to the same height via trimming one to match the other.
Good looking project BTW.

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
portabuddy;873607; said:
i herd this stuff is crap for the aquarumes ans should be avoided. it apparently cracks and leaks, then it bubble out in spots and lets the water in behind it, if memory serves correctle mb-barton first used this studd on his tank and tore it down...
your memory serves you wrong :p
i had some other bubble issues... but they r no prob...
i just used polyester resin n it works great... my tank is water tight and im super stoked to finish it up n stock it...

nativecollector

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
Northeast North Carolina
Here is up to date pics. Just finished the last coat of poly, depending on the weather:irked: tomorrow I will set the glass in place.
As for the stand, I still have some work to do on that. I just put the legs on it so that I could put the tank on it in order to set the glass. It makes for the perfect working space.:)

Two questions for everyone, should I add a brace across the center of the top, attaching the front to the back. Also should I add any external support on the back of the tank. The 3/4 ply seems to be pretty strong since it only a 4 foot lenght.

120_Tank_205.jpg

120_Tank_206.jpg

120_Tank_207.jpg

120_Tank_208.jpg

ercnan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
I tend to overkill, so my opinion would be "stronger is better".
I would add the brace even if apparently not needed.

portabuddy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
mississauga
sorry it wasnt mb that used the bed liner it might have been Guinness... either way your tank looks good, glad you want with the tried tested method of glasing and resin... looks good and strong, bet you cant wait to start on the bigger one, eh...

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
nativecollector;895474; said:
Here is up to date pics. Just finished the last coat of poly, depending on the weather:irked: tomorrow I will set the glass in place.
As for the stand, I still have some work to do on that. I just put the legs on it so that I could put the tank on it in order to set the glass. It makes for the perfect working space.:)

Two questions for everyone, should I add a brace across the center of the top, attaching the front to the back. Also should I add any external support on the back of the tank. The 3/4 ply seems to be pretty strong since it only a 4 foot lenght.

How fortuitous...

I vote for the Brace, it will help support the top too.

Dr Joe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store