The Wife wants an Eel.

Afcichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2015
I have a 150g Tall with live rock its established and running for the last 3 years. Current stock list is as follows:
Pair of Clowns
Yellow Tang
Flame Hawk
Potter Angel
Niger Trigger
Black Damsel

I would like to add a Heniochus and was looking at a Zebra Eel.

I want to be sure my current stock will be unharmed and will not harm my new stock. Also a reputable seller to get these fish from. I will quarantine but at the same time I do not want to introduce anything into the tank as I am starting to grow corals now.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

David

Westie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
Bay Area CA USA
Eels are really cool pets. I had a hawaiin spotted eel for a couple years till he jumped out of the tank. I was able to hand feed him and pet him. Keeping one with other fish isn't difficult as long as you keep him fed. I did have a trigger with mine and the trigger used to mess with the eel a lot by biting his tail.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Btw sorry don't know any reputable vendor's haven't had any Salt setups in years.

Joe Bowen

Feeder Fish
Oct 16, 2015
I have a 150g Tall with live rock its established and running for the last 3 years. Current stock list is as follows:
Pair of Clowns
Yellow Tang
Flame Hawk
Potter Angel
Niger Trigger
Black Damsel

I would like to add a Heniochus and was looking at a Zebra Eel.

I want to be sure my current stock will be unharmed and will not harm my new stock. Also a reputable seller to get these fish from. I will quarantine but at the same time I do not want to introduce anything into the tank as I am starting to grow corals now.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

David
I have had a few different eels, a green moray and a tesselated eel. Both were aggressive enough to eat other fish in their way eventually. I'm not sure of the temperament of the type you're looking into, but blue zoo aquatics is where i got both of mine through. Great place to deal with. I'm sure the trigger would be fine any which way, but with the eel basically being a blind hunter, a meal is a meal.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
A zebra moray will be fine in your setup. They are very common and any local fish shop should be able to get you one. You will see barred morays labeled as zebra morays. Either will be fine for your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store