There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza...

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Try using uniseals instead of normal bulkheads. They work great on buckets and barrels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Unfortunately I have to use the little mistkings bulkheads because they're designed for their tubes to insert into. Thank you though, I'd do so if I could!

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
You can always try a grommet too instead of a bulkhead. These worked for me on buckets when I was into hydroponics and using buckets with up to a foot of solutions in them.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
You can always try a grommet too instead of a bulkhead. These worked for me on buckets when I was into hydroponics and using buckets with up to a foot of solutions in them.
Again, I don't have this option. Mistkings misters come with a bulkhead that is designed to connect to their pumps.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
What do you guys think about roughening up the area around where the bulkhead is with some sandpaper before attaching the adhesive? good or bad idea? Thought it might make it easier for it to grip.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
it can help, imo the best way to go about it is plastic welding the bulkhead to the bin but this can be a hard task to get water tight for the first time.

I have seen gold label silicone being used before for these tasks but I did not see the outcome, I know that stuff is like the king of silicones but the price is also a bit steep to test.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store