They may be almost extinct in the wild, but...

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com
They are doing well in my tank.

Here are some pics of two different Zebra Obliquidens fems holding. I don't think I have a pic of the male in my tank but the last pic is of what one looks like. The Scientific name is Astatotilapia (Haplochromis) latifasciata.

ZO-Holding.JPG

ZO-Holding1.JPG

ZO-Holding2.JPG

ZO-Holding3.JPG

Zebra Obliquidens.JPG

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
TheFanatic;1653009; said:
They are doing well in my tank.

Here are some pics of two different Zebra Obliquidens fems holding. I don't think I have a pic of the male in my tank but the last pic is of what one looks like. The Scientific name is Astatotilapia (Haplochromis) latifasciata.
i would love to see pic of the male...

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com

tank125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
Connecticut
TheFanatic;1653035; said:
Something like severely endangered I think was the term. Wait, just checked and they are calling the species "Critically Endangered." The population dropped more than 80% in the wild, possibly more....

B/C of stocking Victoria with food fish like tilapia and perch?

nice fish, congrats on the breeding :)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Does your fish look like this one? He was sold to me as the same as yours..Zebra Obli. here he is one color and then he changes to another..do yours do that too..congradulations on babies.. i will love to see them too.

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com
Red Devil;1653100; said:
Does your fish look like this one? He was sold to me as the same as yours..Zebra Obli. here he is one color and then he changes to another..do yours do that too..congradulations on babies.. i will love to see them too.
No, mine looks pretty much like the one in the last pic in my first post in the thread. Mine has the red going a little higher on the flank, but it's pretty similar. Mine is all geeked out for the ladies though, so he may be showing more than that guy....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store