Thinking about first salt tank

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
You want good flow through the rocks if you line the bottom with rock and stack toward the back I guess kinda like a brick wall? If that is what you mean you will have alot of dead spots under and around the rock. If you want more open swimming space like you said before you can stack it like a cove and have open space in the middle. And you definitely want power heads blowing across the rocks I would do at least 2-3. Dr's foster and smith have their hydor koralia evolution wavemakers on sale sale right now I got a 1150 gph for 34 bucks

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I meant build up at the back like usual, but then have some rocks along the floor to the halfway mark, giving a lot of visible surface area instead of one stack.
So this cove, do you mean a pile of rocks on each side of the tank and then open water in the middle? cause that sounds really cool

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Oh you could but I think you would like the cove better but yes two stacks on the sides and a thin stack in the back like a half moon that way plenty places to hide and lot of open swimming space like you wanted :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store