thinking of getting an anglefish new to angles

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
I was looking into possibly getting a small inch sized angle from my lfs he will be housed with 4-5 lemon tetras, bleeding heart tetra, silver hatchetfish, a emerald cory cat, 1 3-3 1/2 inch male blue phantom pleco. I will also have 1 cardinal tetra, 1possible glowlight tetra and a few serpea and or black phantom tetras as well as a three inch royal plec and pepperd cory cat(my phantom plec killed the one I had) the tank has a lot of bogwood Mopani and malaysion and plantwise there will be a large flame sword, medium amazon sword, amazon frogbit and possibly some red telanthera. but wat are some things care wise I will need to do?

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
wat im asking is will the angelfish be compatible with above and is there any special care I need to know of and if they require special food I currently feed all fish except the pleco ocean nutriecon spirluna and formula two flakes and omega one super color flakes

Lyrek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Canada
Assuming the angelfish you purchase is small (1 to 3 inches) you shouldn't have a problem.
Once your angel fish approaches fully grown (5 to 6 inches) it may go after tank mates the size of cardinal or glowlight tetras.

A few more observations of my own (having 7 angelfish myself):
- As angelfish mature they become more aggressive and territorial with both other fish and each other!
- As "infants" they will show little or no interest in food such as brine shrimp, krill and tubifex worms.
- As infants they will go nuts for flake food.
- They will over-eat, provided the food is offered. (I don't know if it is true but I hear over feeding them is a good way to shorten their lifespan)
- Angelfish are not shy. If you have other fish who will not compete for food at the surface; they may go a bit hungry.

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
Assuming the angelfish you purchase is small (1 to 3 inches) you shouldn't have a problem.
Once your angel fish approaches fully grown (5 to 6 inches) it may go after tank mates the size of cardinal or glowlight tetras.

A few more observations of my own (having 7 angelfish myself):
- As angelfish mature they become more aggressive and territorial with both other fish and each other!
- As "infants" they will show little or no interest in food such as brine shrimp, krill and tubifex worms.
- As infants they will go nuts for flake food.
- They will over-eat, provided the food is offered. (I don't know if it is true but I hear over feeding them is a good way to shorten their lifespan)
- Angelfish are not shy. If you have other fish who will not compete for food at the surface; they may go a bit hungry.
I feed all my fish equally I drop the flakes onto the water current comeing out of the filter so it is distributed thru out the tank then I put a couple flakes up top for the hatchetfish the phantom pleco eats wafers and pellets as well as some flakes, he is the dominate fish in the tank right now but will still be fine when I add the royal. all the tetras are somewat territorial already the one lemon tetra is the alpha of my two lemons and chases the other around most of the time wich is why im adding the other three lemons and bleeding heart chases both lemons around but all the tetras should get along should I feed the angel cichlid food or will he be fine with the above flakes/

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
The phantoms will shred the angels

Cueball703

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2013
NY
The phantoms will shred the angels
I don't know about that. I have 5 plecos (one of them is a Green Phantom), and I have 3 Angels (of varied sizes). The plecos and Angels ignore each other in my tank. My tank consist of 5 Plecos, 3 Angels, 6 Glo-Lite Tetras, 2 Fancy Guppies, 2 Silver Mollies, 2 Sunset Mollies, 4 Black Ghosts, 8 YoYo Botia Loaches. I used to have Neons and Cardinal Tetras, but as 2 of my Angels started to grow, they ate them. At first I didn't know who was eating them, and one day, when I bought a few more, 2 of my Angels came swooping upon them the moment they were released into the tank. No more Neons or Tetras for me. I also used to have Beta Fish (male and female), and the same thing happened... the Angels went after and killed all my Betas (so no more Betas for me either).

Henryng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
singapore - yishun
Just add whatever angel to your tank. If your tank got plants I dont think angel will disturb other fishes.

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
Just add whatever angel to your tank. If your tank got plants I dont think angel will disturb other fishes.
unfortunately most of my fish died includeing pleco all I have right now are a silver hatchet fish and a lemon tetra but the 28th I will be getting four more lemons and a really small angel, I will most likely be getting some plants too being amazon frogbit, large flame sword, and hornwort I have massive amounts of filteration now so I shouldn't have to worry about any die offs since I also wont be using feederblocks that pollute the water wich is wat happened. In the future I might add a new cory cat, new bleeding heart tetra, and two new plecos another blue phantom and a L191 royal and they are going to be a lot smaller as well

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
unfortunately most of my fish died includeing pleco all I have right now are a silver hatchet fish and a lemon tetra but the 28th I will be getting four more lemons and a really small angel, I will most likely be getting some plants too being amazon frogbit, large flame sword, and hornwort I have massive amounts of filteration now so I shouldn't have to worry about any die offs since I also wont be using feederblocks that pollute the water wich is wat happened. In the future I might add a new cory cat, new bleeding heart tetra, and two new plecos another blue phantom and a L191 royal and they are going to be a lot smaller as well
how do I tell the species of a baby angel around less than two inches?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store