This deserves another journal...My 190g Wild Discus build!

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
I can honestly say that there are no words to describe your passion and work put into this tank. Everything is above and beyond what I have ever seen. Simply amazing sir.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Def Leppard Hysteria;5026028; said:
Wow. That looks AWESOME! :WHOA:
Thanks!

zebvance;5026034; said:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super legit tank and write up! Great job!
Thanks!

yodaLBC;5026037; said:
simply gorgeous brother! thanks for sharing.........very detailed work..........
Thanks!

pacu22;5026040; said:
*Speechless* :WHOA:
Thanks!

oscarbichir;5026048; said:
nice setup looks really good.
Thanks!

gangster;5026060; said:
Tank looks great! Stunning build Jose.
Thanks Morgan, you happy now?? :D

Bsixxx;5026065; said:
First off, I'd like to say that stand came out almost retail quality. For somebody that doesn't like working with wood, you deffinatly did a fantastic job on the stand.

Second that filtration system and electrical work is a work of beauty.

And lastly the over all aquarium and tankscape turned out amazing, I'm really glad you didn't over clutter with too much wood or plant work. Over all i think you nailed everything just about on the head. superb job.:headbang2
Thanks man! Appreciate all the feedback. This was tank was really a lot of work :nilly:

Jc1119;5026071; said:
:WHOA: wow!!!!

Completely over the top build. Attention to detail is second to none. Thanks for sharing and explaning in detail every aspect of the setup. Youre my new hero!!
Congrats on a job way beyond well done!!
Haha thanks! Hero...that's some serious stuff :)

greenterra;5026092; said:
You get 12 out of 10 from me. I absolutely love the aquascaping.
Thanks Brent, appreciate! But....just a 12?????? ;)

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
turned out amazing. I've been thinking up a water changing sytem, simular to what you are moving twoards. I plan to do it on the next build.

Have a line from the sump, probaly drilled low, run to a sewer line or some where gravity fed. Use a sprinkler valve to hold the water back. Based on a controller turn off pump and open valve. Then close the valve and have a top of controller with a high and low float switch refill the sump.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
jcardona1;5026137; said:
I wanted a nice 3D background, but I didn’t want to lose several inches in depth. So I settled for the thin pieces that are tiled on. I ended up going with the Aqua Terra Slimline Mesa Rock background. Those you know backgrounds, know that Aqua Terra is really the best there is. When you see one in person, you’ll know why.
Hey bro,
I love everything about this build, but gotta say I disagree with this^^.
IMO: I own 5 Designs By Nature backgrounds, and have seen every aqua terra background in person at my old job, and DBN is hands down the better product, with far more selection in designs. If you see them side by side in person, I think you would agree.
Other than that, everything about this tank is next level and the build is immaculate. Love how you did the overflow, and the wood looks great.

Where are you getting your discus? I believe I predicted a few months ago you would build another big tank for some primo wild caught when you first got discus in your rimless tank. ;)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Nice job J! Tank looks great. Makes me want to get a background for the 265.

3dees

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 23, 2010
Chicago suburb
you put a lot of work in that tank Jose, and it shows. super job. my tank is like from the dark ages compared to that. my hats off to you sir.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store