this Dr was born with rare ability to literally FEEL other people's pain

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Wow that's crazy. I bet that helps out a lot. Hate to be the dirty bird here, but that mean he can't watch any affection? What about gory accidents?

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
the article doesn't get into describing every potential aspect of what he feels, or the limits of it. but he is quoted as saying that "he’s learned to focus his thoughts". so he has some kind of ability to narrow it down. he was able to develope some adaptive skills(?)

"For some who have the condition, the intense sense of empathy and physical adoption of pain can result in an overwhelming flood of emotions.
“They’re kind of crushed by those sensations because it’s too much and it’s overwhelming,” Salinas said. “They develop issues with anxiety and depression and essentially become shut-ins at times.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
you might want to look up the definition of literally.
he's not feeling their pain, he's experiencing his own psychosomatic pain. no telepathy or transfer of nerve impulses.

Reactions: pwmin

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That's sucks....what if his patient has some diarrhea......will he be sympathetic then or say.....back up!

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
A lot of people feel "sympathy pains", including me. Some feel them more intensely than others.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
seems to me the Doc needs to see a Doc. Last person i want working on me is a person in pain himself. lets say i have an abscessed tooth and getting a root canal. I do not want my dentist distracted because he is in pain with an abscessed tooth.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It's a good trait to have....hope he can remain objective at the same time and perform like mentioned.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Hahaha! not all the responses I had anticipated...and I will leave it at that.!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store