This is a Jag right?

StalkedCargo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
Hello everybody. I know this is probably a foolish question as I bought this fish from my LFS that I trust and use most. I am aware that as most fish coloration looks one way as aware juvenile, they will change to a color we identify with most as they age. Right now however, this little guy seems to have more in common with Jack Dempsey than other Jaguar I have seen. I'm probably just over thinking it, but I want to be sure while I can still swap the fish out for another.

Before you ask, I'll put your concerns at ease. The little guy is in a 125 gallon with 2 Oscar, a Geo, a Pleco and a Bichir. There are also 2 juvenile convicts. The Jaguar will be moved to a 55 gallon alone to grow out here shortly and then eventually a 125 gallon by himself. The convicts are also going to be in a breeder tank here soon as that's something I want to try my hand at.

Any thoughts on the Jaguar would be appreciated. I look forward to watching this guy grow!

ZacView attachment 1231376 View attachment 1231376 20170209_024258.jpg 20170209_024258.jpg

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Some LFS don't even know and don't even admit that thier species information is WRONG:
For Ex:
My LFS selling this fish under the name of Tropheus duboisi:
calvussiyahcalv.jpg
and clearly it's a Altolamprologus calvus
and Tropheus duboisi look like this:
IMG_4254b-1.jpg
And even after I told him to use google search the name I gave him...He still doesn't want to change the species name......

StalkedCargo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
Got him loaded into the bucket next to me in the car as we speak. Headed back now. Suppose that's what I get for just trusting the guy grabbed the right one and not paying close enough attention. I'll post the new fish once I get it! Appreciate everyone's knowledge and speedy replies. Love this forum already

Skalper666

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
NS, Canada
Yup. My old LFS had almost half of their stock labelled incorrectly. I think they only specialized in mice and hamsters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store