Thoughts on Private Fishing Lakes?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Lol just messing with you man. Good to see you're still around spreading your knowledge. I hadn't been outside the lounge in awhile. Have fun arguing with a poster who can't admit defeat

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
thanks man! I already knew that one haha man I hate being blunt lol. Though it'll be fun to mess that poster around for just fun.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
The problem with paylakes in MY area is that the commercial fisherman have taken unlimited supplies (until recently, now very generous rules are in place) of trophy catfish from our rivers to dump into the ever growing number of paylakes in the area that all stock several thousands of pounds in fish a year into these mud puddles. These trophies then starve to death or are caught until they die. There are hundreds between Indiana, KY, and OH. Surrounding states have outlawed this so now even out of state buy nonresident commercial licenses and rape our rivers too. Often times, care has to be taken by dodging hoop nets up and down the Ohio River and the smaller rivers are all lined to death. The accessible rivers are destroyed and the smaller rivers are being limb lined and the pay lakes are offering cash per pound of fish (VERY illegal). There no way that anyone can argue that this situation is desperate. A small farm pond stocked with tank raised and farmed fish is quite normal and very acceptable but depleting natural resources is not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store