Thoughts on Rita rita?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
It is supposed to be a Vailantii but I think it might be something else.
View attachment 1040576
I'd agree, he looks more like a vulture than a Brachy, though the color isn't right for a vulture either. Nice looking guy though! Is that the rita in the background?

they fight amongst their own kind. relatively peaceful towards other fish. they are territorial though, they like to stake out their own area and excavate sand and rocks. max size is about 18-20" My bigger one is about 14"
Good to know, Wes! Yours looks amazing my man.

You guys have really helped me in this. I appreciate it. I think that an albino Rita rita is going onto my wish list. :)

LiamIrons

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2012
Nottingham,Uk
I'd agree, he looks more like a vulture than a Brachy, though the color isn't right for a vulture either. Nice looking guy though! Is that the rita in the background?

Good to know, Wes! Yours looks amazing my man.

You guys have really helped me in this. I appreciate it. I think that an albino Rita rita is going onto my wish list. :)
Yeah thats the Rita in the background you can also see the Yarelli on the left lol

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
There is a separate thread on this, but this is not a vulture. You are right. IIRC it is one of the three in my mind: B. vaillantii, Pimelodus albicans, or one of the Iheringichthys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store