Tig not eating

Nyczbubba

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2015
Long Island, NY
So i added an sponge filter along with a circulation pump pointed to the surface of the water to get some ripples. Also added a branch of some wood i had. Today he is much more active. He is staying along the side of the tank pointing up wiggling his tail. Still no luck in eating. He used to just stay at the bottom and not move. Circulation pump isnt causing too much flow where he is resisting the current. Its a small pump

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Wow i am literally having the same exact issues as you. I bought the tig the same exact time as you too. He got a shipment of 4 and i got one of them. I have my guy isolated in a 40 breeder alone. Tried live and all and no lucky. Im adding a circulation pump and bubbler for surface agitatuon to bring in more oxygen.
If any fish doesnt even eat live after adjusting to the tank and perams arw in check there has got to be something wrong with the fish......im wondering what this shipment of tigs he got went thru....i dont think they were ever treated either

Nyczbubba

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2015
Long Island, NY
If any fish doesnt even eat live after adjusting to the tank and perams arw in check there has got to be something wrong with the fish......im wondering what this shipment of tigs he got went thru....i dont think they were ever treated either
Well i dont think he had them long enough to treat. I got it the day after he got them in

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
Try earthworms. IMO, any wild caught fish that doesn't eat live worms is sick.

Nyczbubba

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2015
Long Island, NY
My Tig ate today!!!!!!!! 10 minnows down so far and still going. Look at his belly. Just glad he ate, now need to get him off live foods. Things I changed are i put a divider the tank to make it easier for him to get food. I added a sponge filter for surface agitation and a circulation pump! Success!

20160926_213357.jpg

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
My Tig ate today!!!!!!!! 10 minnows down so far and still going. Look at his belly. Just glad he ate, now need to get him off live foods. Things I changed are i put a divider the tank to make it easier for him to get food. I added a sponge filter for surface agitation and a circulation pump! Success!

View attachment 1206143

Good to see we are at least 1 for 2.... glad he ate for u

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store