Tiger fish kind

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
both different species. BATF grow significantly smaller compared to GATF. if i am not mistaken the largest GATFs in captivity reach 40'' ++ whereas brevis only reach around 20-24'' if kept properly. fishtankphil fishtankphil has or had one above 40'' before. think about it this way, mcdonalds and KFC both serve fries, but are different in taste and looks. BATF are much harder to find in the hobby as well compared to GATF.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

Keepers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2022
El Monte
both different species. BATF grow significantly smaller compared to GATF. if i am not mistaken the largest GATFs in captivity reach 40'' ++ whereas brevis only reach around 20-24'' if kept properly. fishtankphil fishtankphil has or had one above 40'' before. think about it this way, mcdonalds and KFC both serve fries, but are different in taste and looks. BATF are much harder to find in the hobby as well compared to GATF.
Thanks

Reactions: tlindsey

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
BATF also has a chip on its shoulder over being smaller, and will let your other fish be well aware of that fact.

Both species fulfill the same role in the ecosystem, but they don't share watersheds

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store