Tiger Muskie aquarium behavior?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Typical Esox behaviour...that's Esox the fish, not the guy in England who talks funny 😆... i.e. nothing to see 99.9999% of the time, followed by a half-second of extreme violence...and then back to nothing. Usually, the only time you actually see them moving around much is when one of them is choking to death with one of his siblings jammed halfway down his throat.

Yeah, I'm bitter; I've lost too many of these fish in that manner...:(

This aquarist seems to have learned the lesson that took me forever to get a handle on, i.e. keep these things alone...because if they don't start that way, they usually end up that way.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Typical Esox behaviour...that's Esox the fish, not the guy in England who talks funny 😆... i.e. nothing to see 99.9999% of the time, followed by a half-second of extreme violence...and then back to nothing. Usually, the only time you actually see them moving around much is when one of them is choking to death with one of his siblings jammed halfway down his throat.

Yeah, I'm bitter; I've lost too many of these fish in that manner...:(

This aquarist seems to have learned the lesson that took me forever to get a handle on, i.e. keep these things alone...because if they don't start that way, they usually end up that way.
I was amazed at the Blue Gill still alive and not shredded up.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I was amazed at the Blue Gill still alive and not shredded up.
That sunfish probably transitioned from being outside the pike...to being inside the pike...in just a second or two. You want to see shredded? Just try pulling a fish back out of the pike's mouth once it's in there! :WHOA:

Been there...done that...won't be trying again. :)

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store