Tiger shovel nose help

Gavisus

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2024
Hello I really need help with my tiger shovelnose I have had him for about one week and he has not ate anything but seemed to do pretty good but recently he has been always been at one spot of the tank but at the top at first I thought of oxygen levels so I but a bunch of air bubbles in the tank but he has still been at the top for about 2-3 days I have a red tail catfish that stays at the bottom but is breathing well and 3 Oscar’s that are doing fine

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello I really need help with my tiger shovelnose I have had him for about one week and he has not ate anything but seemed to do pretty good but recently he has been always been at one spot of the tank but at the top at first I thought of oxygen levels so I but a bunch of air bubbles in the tank but he has still been at the top for about 2-3 days I have a red tail catfish that stays at the bottom but is breathing well and 3 Oscar’s that are doing fine
Welcome aboard
I would observe to see if the Redtail is harassing the Tiger Shovelnose.
Redtail may also harass the Tiger Shovelnose after lights out.
What are the sizes?

Gavisus

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2024
Welcome aboard
I would observe to see if the Redtail is harassing the Tiger Shovelnose.
Redtail may also harass the Tiger Shovelnose after lights out.
What are the sizes?
The Redtail is about 4 inches while the shovel nose is about 5.5 inches

Reactions: tlindsey

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It may be still acclimating but hanging at the surface is not normal. As stated, a tank mate may bother it. Look carefully at the body and fins for any signs of damage.

Just having a bubbler in a tank doesn't tell us how well it is aerated. What is the tank size and dimensions and what is the flow rate of the tank filter and the rating on the bubbler?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store