Tiling my 125

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
So hypothetically, how big of a pita would it be to tile the bottom of my 125g that is currently stocked and has a black blasting sand substrate right now?
Too much crap on the bottom and when I aim my power heads down it kicks all the sand up.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
Its not that hard. Take out your fish and use a cup or something to scoop out the substrate. Remove as much water as you feel necessary.

When you get all but the Little bit left, take some vinyl tubing to siphon out the last bit. It will pull out the rest of the sand really well, you could use a gravel vac, as long as it doesn't have the plastic slider piece in the head of the vacuum.

Put in your tile and put in fish when the water clears up.

Repeat siphoning the bottom with the vinyl tubing over the next few days until you get it all out.

Takes a couple hours and some patience, but its not too bad

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

is300soon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2008
san jose ca
i think we are missing the point here :) It has really nothing to do with the substrate being sand, it has everything to do with making it look modern and bad ass :) I have looked at all sorts of tile, just wondered how to make it look ok without the conventional way to tile a floor or bathroom.

D

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
I have tiled a few tanks in my time... always just laid them on the bare bottom tight up against each other with no grout line... I thought it looked good and was really easy to keep clean.

always wanted to tile the back to but never got around to it. would be a silicone nightmare if I ever changed my mind LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store