FREE To a good home 5x S. Mapiritensis in need [Almere, NL; Pickup Only]

RobinLikeABoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2022
the Netherlands
Hi, here are 5 S. Mapiritensis free to a good home. They do need some attention though, as I've been battling with HITH with them recently and having trouble getting rid of it. (only reason I can think of is that I'm currently overstocked and can't seem to get the tank to as high of a standard as they've been in until a while ago)

Some info about the fishes:

They eat everything. I feed them: Brine Shrimp, White-, red- and black mosquito larves, mysis, spirulina granulate, cichlid granulate, spinach.

Photo #1: Largest one of the bunch, probably between 25-27cm. Big dude, but never wanted to spawn (does the spawning behavior, but always chases the female away when she's actually laying the eggs)
Photo #2: Smallest of the adults (probably like 22-23cm I recon), proven female, seen her lay eggs (and can provide a photo if needed)
Photo #3: Shy boy (or girl, never seen spawning). Great personality when outside, but the most shy from the bunch.
Photo #4: Blind on his/her left eye, likely case of Eye Fluke. Usually the most curious of the bunch, but bullied by the big guy. To be honest my favorite of these 4 adults.

These 4 I bought 2 years ago from the rescuer who had them for 5 years at the time. Real age is unknown, but they're definitely 8+ years old at this point.

Photo #5 is a wild caught that was by catch from my LFS in a group of S. Daemons. Thought Leucosticta at the time, but turned out to be Mapiritensis. Been in my tank for about a year now and 17/18cm. Likely to be a female, I've seen her try to lay something on one of the stones in the past, alone. But I've never seen the eggs, so can't confirm.

(PS: I looked in the rules about listing sick fish, but I couldn't find anything about it. Please remove the listing and DM me if not allowed, I just want them to go to a good home)

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

Reactions: ruincccc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store