To bad for me

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
What i dont understamd is how do you guys function while on the pain meds ?
there's a chance it might be because you're just more beat-up than me, i'm not sure.......I don't take pain meds but maybe every few years, I'm just callous and used to the pain I suppose - the pain meds are like a green light for "Get as much accomplished as humanly possible before it's too late"....been over 20 years , man....I just came to accept that there will never be a day i'm not in some type of pain and i'm either gonna be gangster about it and keep on keepin' on or let it ruin my life and turn B****.

On the days I CAN'T move and do stuff - well, I just don't.

Also largely depends on what the pain meds ARE.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yeah i dont take them unless the pain is so bad i cant see straight. But when i take one im done out for the count. Immamazed that someone can take them and still get stuff done

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
there's a chance it might be because you're just more beat-up than me, i'm not sure.......I don't take pain meds but maybe every few years, I'm just callous and used to the pain I suppose - the pain meds are like a green light for "Get as much accomplished as humanly possible before it's too late"....been over 20 years , man....I just came to accept that there will never be a day i'm not in some type of pain and i'm either gonna be gangster about it and keep on keepin' on or let it ruin my life and turn B****.

On the days I CAN'T move and do stuff - well, I just don't.

Also largely depends on what the pain meds ARE.
I think I made a very poor choice of words to explain things in this post....I just wanted to clarify that these are the words I use to motivate MYSELF on the really tough days. I'm not judging anyone as I don't want to be judged and regardless of who is in more pain, "yours" is always worse no matter what because YOU are the one who has to deal with it on a daily basis - no one else. No one else knows your pain except you. Period.

My apologies to the whole that may or may not have taken that in a certain way.... it was not intended as such.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I think I made a very poor choice of words to explain things in this post....I just wanted to clarify that these are the words I use to motivate MYSELF on the really tough days. I'm not judging anyone as I don't want to be judged and regardless of who is in more pain, "yours" is always worse no matter what because YOU are the one who has to deal with it on a daily basis - no one else. No one else knows your pain except you. Period.

My apologies to the whole that may or may not have taken that in a certain way.... it was not intended as such.
I knew exactly what you were saying bro....i dont think anything you said was offensive.

W Warborg hows your wife feeling

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Well...as my pain meds start to run out, I've been cutting back on taking them.

I was surprised with the side effects of when you stop taking them(Hydrocodone). Hopefully, I wasn't on them long enough, I do hate to stop taking them as my body still hurts..but no choice anyways.

Last month I had to go on antibiotics for an infected wisdom tooth and hydrocodone was added to the bill, ....even taking less than prescribed it still was quite a transition back to normalcy....the enhanced pain of course being the worst part, but the helplessness of knowing there's nothing you can do except take ibuprofen or whatnot. No one wants to spend the rest of their lives on painkillers, but no one wants to be in pain either but no one wants the extra baggage that comes along with opiate-based medicines. It's really a very slippery slope and IME, I have found there is really no happy ending.....only more pain that only gets worse. I wish I could be more helpful but after 20+ years of pain (sometimes unbearable agony), I have yet to find a solution that is win-win.
What i dont understamd is how do you guys function while on the pain meds ?
This stuff is only making me want to sleep more but I don't feel that I'm going to pass out if I don't. As long as I don't have slow moments watching the paint dry.
Listen working in a pharmacy, I can tell u take the Norcos as needed. Theres a reason why Norcos are C-II, highly addictive. The more u can tough it out the better.

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I've been off the meds for almost 3 days...I'm getting by. The pain in my right foot and my back has gone down some, which is helping.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Just came back from the doctor and they highly recommend getting screws put in on my broken ankle. They are saying the right foot is sprained and gave me this mini cast(can be removed).

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
How long of a recovery did they say ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store