To Tig or not to Tig

tavydown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
boston
Hey all, getting pretty bored with my Frontosa and will likely be moving them to a different tank out of my office and Im wondering if I should go with a tigrinus cat. Ive never owned one or thought about it but then a friend of my put them on my radar. can anyone help me out with these wonderful looking cats. what do you think?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I think they are one of the best looking fish there is. They are not very active and can be kind of boring. Mine stayed hidden all the time until it was about a foot long and wouldn't come out to eat unless lights were out. Now he is about 15" and doesn't stay hidden much but still isn't very active. If you are bored with your Fronts, you will hate the Tig if it will be the only fish. Maybe keep the Fronts and add a Tig?

tavydown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
boston
Well i was planning on having just the tig for a while and really changing up my aquascape on the tank. right now its pretty bland just because ive gotten so bored with the tank.

SharkAquarium

Candiru
MFK Member
Small tigs 3-4" are running out of Peru this month. If you really want a tig, why not start a community, get a small one (or two) and grow it up.

As it grows, you will obviously have to change its tank mates (or put in larger ones as he eats the smaller ones).

g

tavydown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
boston
i would like to have more than one but the cost of getting them all together is a little much, i have some king kamfa flowerhorn fry that i am growing out maybe when i sell those off when they get to be 8" i can get a new group. i personally just like watching the fish grow up

tavydown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
boston
worth more when they are larger, would like to see them out for a year or so and get the full color. maybe one will be of high show quality

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store