Today in the Fishroom~4/25/10 Bredohri, Convict and Mystery Fish

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
I have a 180 gallon tank with four Breidohri, Metynsis and some Convicts from "Rio Mongo" Honduras. Here's the brute of a Breidohri. Really an awesome fish.

Here's one of the Convicts. A really colorful female. There are probably around a dozen in the tank as dithers.

And now the mystery fish. Not much of a mnystery...it's a female Red Tiger Motaguense. I had no idea the fish was in there. As I have stated in the past, I tend to feed new fry to the bigger...in this case the convicts and metynsis. In the past I have fed them managuense, motaguense, and labridens fry. Every once in a while one of the "food" fish beats the odds and makes it. Great example of the strongest surviving. I also have a small Managuense in the same tank...3".

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I love that Breidohri - what a stunner.

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
vieja;4099059; said:
Hi, Mojo. yours breidohri is F0 or not, may I know where did you get from ?:popcorn:
The fish is F1. I got them from Tangled up in cichlids years back. He received them as part of a shipment from a breeder in the Netherlands, who collected them.

Anubisscott;4099083; said:
That Breidohri is still one of my Favorites Mo, and looks like he has put on size too. :eek:
It does look like his "nuptial ornaments" have increased in size as well as his body girth. Thanks Scott.

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
wow, wonderfull monster.

fishluvr12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
TN
Great looking Breidohri and Con too!

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
your Breidohri is an inspiration to mine. Im waiting for mine to get to that size. How much longer will he get to adult length from 7"? Your breidohri is my favorite of all your fishes you've shown. Just because of the type of fish it is. 2nd would be the Zonatum. Then the synspilums. The rest are whatevers.

your Bdori & Zonatum. If you had to give up one, which one would you choose to keep?

that rtm is awesome too. It is a special fish for surviving

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store