Today in the Fishroom ~ F0 Vieja sp. "coatzacoalcos"

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
Mojo, how many tanks do you have? You seem to keep every cool CA cichlid in existence. And all your fish are spectacular.
I have 23 up and running. About 3000 gallons of water. Been keeping fish for close to45 years...so I've had a variety...good and bad.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
I have 23 up and running. About 3000 gallons of water. Been keeping fish for close to45 years...so I've had a variety...good and bad.
Wow. 23 tanks at an average of 130 gallons is really impressive. That's a bit bigger than my lone tank. Would love to see your fish rooms(s)!

What is your all around favorite cichlid?

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
Wow. 23 tanks at an average of 130 gallons is really impressive. That's a bit bigger than my lone tank. Would love to see your fish rooms(s)!

What is your all around favorite cichlid?
That's really tough for me to say. I've had a lot of fish over the years. I guess some of the more common CA cichlids remain a favorite..And if I had to narrow it down, P. managuense. I've had dozens over the years. One that I took a lot of photos and posted was a managuense I called "Jumbo". That fish was know internationally. In fact, if you google "jumbo cichlid" his is the first photo that pops up. Jumbo was a beast. I used to feed him raw shrimp. He'd eat six in a row. Right now I have a tank with Gold Morph Managuense that I'm raising. Very cool fish.

utku982

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2014
İstanbul
Hi Mo,
First i want to say i ve owned some CA ciclids just becouse of your beautiful photos and im happy you are still around and keep on sharing.
Im having a question in my mind since i got my zonatus. If its Zonatus or Guttulatus. Becouse it doesnot show the horizontal dark line most of the time as you can see in the video. It was imported as Zonatus Majorra Prieta from Don Conkel. I would like to know your comment pls. Heres the video taken few months ago.

DSC04073.JPG

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
Hi Mo,
First i want to say i ve owned some CA ciclids just becouse of your beautiful photos and im happy you are still around and keep on sharing.
Im having a question in my mind since i got my zonatus. If its Zonatus or Guttulatus. Becouse it doesnot show the horizontal dark line most of the time as you can see in the video. It was imported as Zonatus Majorra Prieta from Don Conkel. I would like to know your comment pls. Heres the video taken few months ago.

View attachment 1194967
LOL...I'm happy I'm still around as well. I Thanks for the kind remarks. I always enjoy hearing that my photos inspired folks to get the fish. Both of your fish are beautiful. That's a Zonatus.Did you sex it? From the body shape I want to say it's female. Really nice stuff, pal. Thanks for sharing.

utku982

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2014
İstanbul
LOL...I'm happy I'm still around as well. I Thanks for the kind remarks. I always enjoy hearing that my photos inspired folks to get the fish. Both of your fish are beautiful. That's a Zonatus.Did you sex it? From the body shape I want to say it's female. Really nice stuff, pal. Thanks for sharing.
Thx for your nice comments. Unfortunately breidohri passed away becouse of duck lips. I think he couldnot handle the stress againist zonatus. Anyway, zonatus is definetely a male around 12 inches now, 2 years old. In 200 gal tank alone. Hope it grows like Blue one day. Thats why l got him.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Hey, Mo--

Can you identify these? I got them at about 2 inches in December of 2014. They're about 8-10 inches now, I have 3 of them. Here's a pic of the bigger of the 3. They look Zonatus to me, what do you think?

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

Tyler_Wentworth_150

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
Humboldt county
Mo, thank you for always posting such beautiful pictures. The painstaking work you put into it is ever apparent when those shots come to the world. Your pics are the reason I got my first jag and amph. Sp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store