Today's addition.

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
biker? i pronounce it bee-ker lol sometimes my pronunciation is pretty off.. especially with scientific names. I had a fish store representative take my order and laugh at me before :headshake

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
So I noticed one of my bichirs has a hole under his jaw. Looks like he may have laid on a heater (not in my tank). You think it should be a concern?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5y7h6gUj2U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well to my surprise I did not get much reply to the damaged jaw of my bichir but I did mention something to my LFS and the owner was pretty upset. He offered up a replacement but just like any other poly I have encountered I am attached.
I stated treating the tank and I have noticed a bit of re growth under his jaw so I think I made a good choice.
However they seem to be really shy and I only see one eat at a time. I know they are eating because I stocked the tank with some ghost shrimp that are now gone and they both look Fater.
Do ghost shrimp have any nutrianal value?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
they do, especially if you feed them with something good. shrimp have thiaminase though, so not more than 20% (usually) of their diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store