MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
:) the funny part is the marketing plea, right? Good-looking status fish, always makes us wannabees in the US drool and dream. Our business even has the FL state license to keep Asian arowana but no Federal license to bring one into the states.

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
:) the funny part is the marketing plea, right? Good-looking status fish, always makes us wannabees in the US drool and dream. Our business even has the FL state license to keep Asian arowana but no Federal license to bring one into the states.
Oh yeah, that girl knows how to market I think. Such tongue in cheek humour. Sure highlights the generation gap too, as my 20 something daughter was the one who told me about the video; I otherwise don't follow Tik Tok.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I have been following the news on the arowana, Never thought that you guys would discuss it here on mfk cause most of the people here are too old to use tiktok 😂😂.

currently, Joey Mullen (king of diy) is in the works of adopting the super red arowana, although there are concerns that it may not survive the long trip. If all goes well the arowana would be adopted by a good fish keeper who knows his stuff and lead a famously good life!

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
Too bad I'm not in Vancouver as I'd handle the shipping with no problems. I'm not up to date on the progress, but I am curious to follow. Joey Mullen knows a good marketing opportunity when he sees one, and with over 9 million views after 72 hours, this is a good marketing opportunity.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If all goes well the arowana would be adopted by a good fish keeper who knows his stuff and lead a famously good life!
Would the arowana or Joey or both lead a famously good life?

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
Gosh, I remember having an hour long phone call with Joey a long time ago, before he started his Youtube channel. We both agreed there was a good future for what he had in mind. He has earned every bit of his success in my opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store