Took a trip to the hatchery today

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
I've been to a native hatchery, but never any home aquarium hatcheries.

Lucky!!!

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Well the lighting is really bad in there,but the colors on his fish are astounding.The fish are every bit as good as the claims.Just be aware of the sizes you are buying they sell mostly young juveniles.So what you get isnt going to look that good for a while.Im no photog,didnt waste my time trying to get pics they wouldnt convey anything.Heres an album containing a bunch of pics of breeders all the photos tagged pro aqua are from the trip 2 years ago taken by a member of our group.
Pro Aqua is the name the hatchery wholesales under.
http://www.nycichlids.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=26

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I picked up 6 tropheus Moori lufubu "purple rainbow" on that group visit to his place.He promised to let me know when the next fry were ready.When I got home from work this evening my wife said there was a message from him on the machine and I needed to get right back to him,leave a message on his machine as there were alot of people in line behind me!Coat still on I practically trampled her stampeding for the phone!I was suprised when he answered the phone and a bit embarrased as it was 9:30pm but as always he was friendly and terrific to talk to.Im set to meet him by the thruway entrance on wednesday to pick up 12 purple rainbow.
Cant wait Merry Christmas to me!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store