top water predators for 80 gallon

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
is there piscivore that mostly swims in the top of the tank other than hujeta and needle nose gar/fish?
There’s lots in that general group, but what are you looking for? I had a gold wolf fish that stayed in the top half of the tank, but tank mates are risky. Most options are gonna be characins though

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

hancotip

Banned
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
norway
it has to be something that kan live with polypterus and bgk or a abk, what about odoe pike?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
it has to be something that kan live with polypterus and bgk or a abk, what about odoe pike?
Odoe would work for a year or so, maybe more but it will eventually get too big. Go with hujeta, I’ve had both and other than size, they’re very similar, one plus for hujeta is that they can be in groups unlike odoe
A gold wolf might be an option too

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I had these top swimming predators for a bit, I later moved the hujeta, added 2 more cuda and a forskali tiger. But maybe this will help you with ideas. Yes the Malawi barracuda probably shouldn’t have been here, but it worked for the time I kept these together

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store